Swift Restoration is your Water Damage Expert
Swift Restoration and Cleaning provides the following services in Ogden, Utah:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Flood Damage Restoration
- Mold Removal
- Sewage Extraction
- Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration
Trained, professional and courteous Swift technicians are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You need a Swift response to your water damage emergency and you can count on us! With instantaneous response, prompt action, years of experience and a highly proficient staff, we are specialized to help recover and restore your property and minimize your inconvenience.
Water Damage Restoration
Water can cause a significant amount of damage to your property in a very short period of time. A broken pipe, overflowing toilet, storms and floods can all cause water damage to your property and belongings. Water damage must be addressed quickly to prevent additional problems and to avoid mold growth.
Common Causes of Water Damage:
- Burst or leaking water pipes
- Plumbing malfunctions
- Broken household appliances
- Natural disasters and severe weather
Follow these easy steps to begin drying your home:
- Start by opening doors and windows to let fresh air run through.
- Wear a mask to protect yourself against possible mold, mildew and allergens.
- Disconnect the power, unplug any electronics, and remove electronics, furniture and movable items immediately.
- Remove as much water as possible. Use old towels, buckets and mops to soak up as much water as possible.
- Dry out the area. Once you have removed all of the water, use fans and a dehumidifier to help dry out the area.
- Disinfect. After the area has dried out, including wood beams, insulation, drywall, etc., use a good disinfectant to get rid of any bacteria that might have come up through sewers, toilets, etc.
- Dispose of damaged items. You’ll be tempted to throw everything into a dumpster and call it good. But if you can organize damaged goods into piles and recycle what you can, you will help alleviate the pressure on your local landfill site.
Water Damage Hazards
- Gas leaks –If you smell gas, leave the house right away and then contact your utility company immediately.
- Chemicals –When you get to the cleaning stage, be sure to ventilate well and limit your exposure to contact and exposure as best you can. Cleaning may expose you to a wide range of contaminant from cleaning agents and those that may have entered from floodwaters.
- Electrical Shock – In a wet basement there is a legitimate risk of electrical shock. Do not utilize and outlets that were affected.
- Pollutants – Sewage may contain bacteria and can transmit disease. The floodwater in your home may contain raw sewage. Always wear protective items including gloves, safety glasses and a facemask. Thoroughly wash after any contact with sewage or items touched by sewage.
At Swift Restoration we often see first-hand how devastating water damage can be. Swift technicians are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You need a Swift response to your water damage emergency and you can count on us!
Water Damage Insurance:
We work with many insurance companies, contractors, public adjusters, and management companies for water damage. We use our expertise to guide you through the claim process. If you are not enrolled with an insurance company that will cover water damage Ogden restoration or any of our other services, we will be happy to offer you a competitive price. We have liability insurance in the amount of $1,000,000, and all our employees are insured with worker’s compensation.